Welcome to our world !

Live Life to the fullest :-) ....Brinda and Poorna

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A SACRIFICE

I stand shivering in fear
The shroud was lurking just so near
The people around me are full of cheer
God, why don’t I hear your voice loud and clear?

Adorned I am with a flowery noose
And looking around for sympathy and support
Are my prayers falling on deaf ears?
God, why don’t I hear your voice loud and clear?

A short journey- from cradle to grave
Was I sent here to fulfil just this mission?
Who are these men and what is my fault?
God, why don’t I hear your voice loud and clear?

The crowd is cheering and waiting for the kill
Its destiny – I can’t go against their will!
Can a single soul fight the cause of this crowd?
God, why don’t I hear your voice clear and loud?

The slaughter is near, am walking to the altar
Is one death a means to so many dreams?
I stand confused failing to fathom this riddle
To whose prayers do you pin your ears?
God, why don’t we hear your voice loud and clear?

No comments:

Post a Comment